Sunday, November 29, 2009

Looking back while moving onward...

So seeing as my semester in cairns has ended, i've been traveling and that equals no constant source of internet, which entails little blog posting. So There is much to tell but i will break them up into separate posts.
This post will focus on Leaving Cairns...

After i stayed up all night waiting with steph until she had to leave for the airport, i was able to catch about 4hrs sleep until i had to get up and eat my last breakfast at the lodge, that may not seem like much, but i consistently had the same breakfast all semester and it never got old. after brekkie Tabby picked me up and we went to Port douglas to meet joel and others to hangout and celebrate his birthday. on our way back to cairns we just barely missed being hit by a rock slide. it was scary and i had never witnessed one let alone almost been crumbled beneath one.

That night we all celebrated at Joel's parents house which happened to be where i was staying the night before my mom came the next morning so it was really convenient.
I picked my mom up the next day and we checked into our hotel which happened to be located on the Esplanade which made it extra special. we went to church that night after an afternoon nap and she got to meet all my friends from church. On monday i took her to my favorite beach and let her soak up some aussie sun. we used the bus so she could see what i had to do during my time there, it was actually a good plan because she got to see the university as it was a stop on the way to the beach. Tuesday we went on the sky rail up to Keranda where she got to hold a koala and feed the kangaroos. It was a nice little trip because i had won a gift voucher for a free lift on the sky rail and had saved it all semester to use with her so it worked out perfectly. that night i went to my last nexus meeting which was kinda sad. everyone signed a card for me and they prayed for my safe journey home. I'm really blessed to have become apart of their group so easily. I'm definitely thankful this thanksgiving for that group and the spiritual growth i encountered.
Kevin gave us one last taxi ride to the airport which was prob the best way to end it. I'm anticipating keeping in touch with them as best i can, especially since becs and karl got engaged just before i left. i was glad i got to be there to hear the news and see the ring.

No comments:

Post a Comment